Exercising and keeping fit is important to help you maintain a healthy body and mind. It’s also beneficial to help improve your balance and prevent your risk of falling.
If you are unable to go for a walk or to exercise outside, there are some simple exercises you can do around your home to improve your strength and balance.
This exercise strengthens your leg muscles to help you when climbing stairs or getting out of a car.
- Start by holding onto something solid, such as the kitchen bench, to help keep your balance.
- Lift one knee to hip level and hold it there for five seconds before putting it down.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Repeat this eight times.
Exercise for standing and sitting
This exercise helps to strengthen your muscles to assist you when standing up and sitting down.
- Start by sitting in a chair and then stand up slowly. You can make it harder by holding your arms straight out in front of you.
- With your arms still held out, lower yourself back into the chair.
- Repeat this exercise five times.
Before attempting these exercises please consult your doctor to determine if they are appropriate for you. Don’t complete any exercises which may aggravate an existing injury or health condition.
Read the full article here.