Update 26th February 2021
Dear Resident, Family and Friends
Today marks 40 days of NO Community transmission of COVID-19 in NSW and it is wonderful to read the further relaxing of restrictions across the state. Visitors are welcome with no restriction on the number of visitors in a day or the duration of the visit. Masks are no longer required to be worn in the facility – by visitors or staff. Visitors on entering the facility must:-
- use hand sanitiser and socially distance at all times.
- do a temperature check, record and sign the Health Declaration.
- if attending out of Reception Hours, hand their Visitor Health Declaration to the Registered Nurse In Charge BEFORE proceeding with their visit.
Whilst the vaccination program into aged care may have had a rocky start, Columbia is continuing with our preparation so we are ready to receive the vaccination teams onsite.
Some of you, including family members perhaps are still unsure. Please speak with your GP or an independent health professional. Information on the COVID-19 vaccine can be found on the Department of Health’s COVID 19 vaccines website. You can also access this information in a wide range of other languages – please go to https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/covid-19-vaccine-information-in-your-language to download.
If you would like a copy of the consent form mailed to you in the post please just respond to this email and it will be arranged. We are keen to ensure all those Residents who want to be vaccinated have a signed consent form on the day. Thank you to all those who have returned their consent forms to date.
Columbia has NOT yet been advised of a date that Residents will be vaccinated. Please return the signed consent form as soon as possible. We may only be given a few days’ notice before the team arrive.
Remember the vaccine;-
- will NOT be mandatory.
- will be free for all Australian citizens, permanent residents, and most visa-holders.
- (Pfizer) has met the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) rigorous standards for safety, quality and efficacy.
Feedback through our industry association from those aged care homes who have already received the vaccination was extremely positive with no adverse reactions recorded to date.