11th November 2020
Dear Residents Family and Friends,
As cases of COVID-19 in the community decline The Columbia Executive are pleased to advise that Residents are now able to leave the facility to attend small family gatherings. Below is an updated summary of our Visitor Policy.
NEW – Resident Outings
- Residents are able to leave the facility to attend small family gatherings and group excursions.
- Outings should be planned to take place outdoors as much as possible. If planning a visit to an indoor location, choose a venue that is not crowded and well-ventilated.
- Avoid outings to suburbs or areas currently undergoing increased testing (check NSW Latest COVID-19 news and updates).
- Residents should wear a face mask when physical distancing cannot be maintained, including on shared transport (car ride from and back to the facility), where possible.
- For all excursions each facility is required to maintain a record of the visit location, number of people in the gathering and the date of the visit.
Columbia Visitor Policy – Acacia Centre, Oberon Village, Strathdale Centre
Monday to Friday – Visits can now occur between 10am–12pm and 1:30pm–4pm, no booking required.
- have proof of a flu vaccination.
- wear a mask prior to entering and at all times whilst in the facility.
- sign in at Reception, have their temperature recorded and complete a health declaration prior to entering.
- use hand sanitiser on entry to the facility and again at exit.
- 30min in duration, maximum of 2 visitors with social distancing maintained at all times.
- occur in a designated area in the facility to ensure social distancing.
- Children between the ages of 2 – 16 years are able to visit and must have a flu vax – please email a copy to your facility prior.
- Please endeavour to complete your visit by 4pm.
Saturday and Sunday – By appointment only
Bookings can be made at https://bookings.columbiaagedcare.com.au/.
Willowood Centre – Visitor Policy
Due to the number of Residents currently palliating ALL Visitors require a booking to visit a Resident Monday to Sunday. Bookings can be made at https://bookings.columbiaagedcare.com.au/.
ALL VISITORS MUST CHECK IN AT RECEPTION! NO EXCEPTIONS
ANY INSTRUCTION GIVEN BY STAFF MUST BE ADHERED TO
Do not proceed until you have had your temperature checked and have completed the health declaration. Normal body temperature should be in the range of 36° – 37°.
Attached is an example of the form Family and Friends will be asked to complete when signing out a Resident for an outing. So that your loved one is ready please email the Facility Services Manager a minimum of 2 days in advance of your outing.
All of us continue to play a vital part in caring for and protecting our older Australians in the ongoing battle with this deadly virus. COVID-19 is still circulating in some areas of Sydney and we must maintain vigilance to prevent the introduction of COVID-19 into any residential aged care facility.
Managing visitors – checking flu vaccinations, taking temperatures, recording details and more – has been one of the most staff-intensive challenges of COVID. Thank you for your ongoing assistance and understanding as we work together to protect both Residents and staff.