22nd May 2020
Dear Residents, Family and Friends,
The Columbia Executive is pleased to advise that scheduled visitation will commence across all facilities from Tuesday 26th May 2020.
As we ease into the new Visitor Access Policy and for the safety of Residents and staff, visits will be by appointment only, limited to Tuesday through Friday and during business hours.
Family and Friends are able to book a visitor time slot online at:-
Once you have reserved your time and day, please wait for the confirmation email prior to attending.
Our Visitor Access Policy states:
- One visitor per Resident.
- All visits will have a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
- All visits must be booked and confirmed prior to arrival.
- Time slots will be strictly adhered to and access to the facility without a booking will not be allowed.
- All visits will be held in a designated area in the facility.
- The visitor is not permitted to go anywhere else in the facility.
- Strict social distancing will be maintained by all visitors and residents at all times.
- Visitors must enter and leave the facility through the main entrance.
- Visitors can only visit the resident they have booked to see and must not visit any other Residents.
We continue to support compassionate visits for residents who are palliative. These visits will operate with the approval of the Facility Services Manager and are on a case by case basis.
Caronavirus is acknowledged as a significant health risk particularly for the elderly and we are pleased to confirm we have had NO cases of COVID-19 to date.
Prior to Entry all visitors will be required to:
- Provide proof of 2020 influenza vaccination as mandated by NSW Government by 1st May 2020.
- Have their temperature tested prior to entering the facility – anyone with a temperature above 37.5 degrees will not be allowed entry.
- All visitors must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entry.
- Wash hand or use hand sanitiser before and after each visit.
If you are unable to visit in person staff at all facilities have been connecting Residents with family and friends through iPads, tablets and smart phones for video calls and regular phone calls. These calls have been facilitated via Facetime, WhatsApp, Skype or Zoom. Each facility has specific dial in details – if you have been unable to connect please email email Us, let us know the Resident and Facility you are looking to connect with and your request will be forwarded.
If a positive COVID-19 case is detected within the local area of one of our facilities we will need to revert to stronger restrictions at that facility to ensure the continued safety of our residents and staff. If there is an outbreak within one of our facilities, that facility will go into immediate lockdown.
We understand that the visitation restrictions have been difficult for both Residents and Families and we would like to thank you again for your patience and support.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our facilities.