Willowood Centre – LOCKDOWN 14 September
Dear Resident, Family and Friends
We have been advised by the Public Health Unit (PHU) to move to LOCKDOWN status due to a staff member returning a positive COVID-19 test.
Visitors are NOT PERMITTED under any circumstances at this time.
The following actions have been taken.
- Willowood Outbreak Management Plan has been activated.
- Commonwealth Department of Health and NSW Health has been notified and we are now under the guidance of the Public Health Unit.
- Staff have begun to inform Residents.
- Staff are confined to working on single floors and are in full PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Close contacts are being identified with COVID-19 testing being arranged for Residents and staff.
- Residents are being cared for in their rooms and all group activities have been suspended.
- Additional cleaning resources have been rostered throughout the facility.
Our Resident vaccination rate currently stands at 89% with Staff vaccination at 100%.
Either myself, Alice or a member of the team will reach out to you directly if and when required. If you have any questions please let us know by submitting them to Columbia@cnh.com.au.
This is a concerning time for everyone. Support for you or your loved is available through the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN).
We will keep you informed via regular email updates. Our next update will be sent at 6pm 14 September or as we receive more information from the PHU.